FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a form of treatment that involves inserting very thin needles through a person’s skin at specific points on the body, to various depths. Research suggests that it can help relieve pain, and it’s used for a wide range of other complaints. An acupuncturist will insert needles into a person’s body with the aim of balancing their energy. It can help boost wellbeing and may cure some illnesses.
How does it work?
I’ve never had acupuncture? What should I expect?
Do you accept insurance?
More and more insurance companies are including acupuncture as part of coverage. Since every plan is different, even within a particular insurance network, we encourage our patients to contact their insurance company to inquire about acupuncture service coverage. If your insurance company covers acupuncture, as a courtesy we will submit the claim on your behalf as an out-of-network provider. Payment is always due at time of service. If our office is reimbursed, you will also see it on your regular Explanation of Benefits Statements ~ and we will credit your account accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call our office as we are happy to explore your options.
WHAT CONDITIONS CAN BE TREATED
- low back pain
- neck pain
- knee pain
- tension headache and migraine
- high and low blood pressure
- chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting
- some gastric conditions, including peptic ulcer
- painful periods
- allergic rhinitis
- facial pain
- morning sickness
- rheumatoid arthritis
- tennis elbow
- dental pain
- reducing the risk of stroke
- inducing labor
- post-operative convalescence
- substance, tobaccor and alcohol dependence
- spine pain
- stiff neck
- vascular dementia
- whooping cough, or pertussis
- Tourette syndrome
- The WHO also suggest that it may help treat a number of infections, including some urinary tract infections and epidemic hemorrhagic fever.
- Performed correctly, it is safe.
- There are very few side effects.
- It can be effectively combined with other treatments.
- It can control some types of pain.
- It may help patients for whom pain medications are not suitable.
Schedule Your Appointment
There’s much to see here. So, take your time, look around, and learn all there is to know about us. We hope you enjoy our site and take a moment to drop us a line.
Mansfield Healing Center
450 Chauncy Street, Suite 1
Mansfield, Massachusetts 02048
LIKE us on Facebook and SHARE with Friends!